If you’re searching for jobs in Lehigh Valley, PA, you might want to find a company that offers standing desks to employees. A 2017 study funded by the American Society of Interior Designers Foundation’s Transform Grant examined the impact of standing desks.
Specifically, the study assessed the effect of adjustable workstations on employee health and wellness, perceived stress and sedentary behavior, to monitor the sustainability of noted behavioral changes over a one-year period.
Study Results Highlight Value of Standing Desks
Results of the study offered a telling look at the advantages of adjustable workspaces. Here’s a look at what participants had to say after 12 months.
- 88% of participants said adjustable workstations were easy to use.
- 65% reported increased productivity.
- 65% said their standing desk has a positive impact on their life outside the workplace.
Participants also noted higher levels of concentration when using their adjustable workstation and would recommend them to others.
Potential Health Benefits of Standing Desks
Adjustable workstations can help you become more productive at work, but the benefits don’t end there. Take a look at possible ways this type of desk could improve your health.
- Lower your risk of obesity, by burning more calories standing.
- Decrease your risk of heart disease by being less sedentary.
- Experience less back pain by making prolonged sitting a thing of the past.
- Boost your mood, as sitting for long periods of time has been linked to depression.
- Reduce your blood sugar levels, which can lower your chances of developing serious health conditions, such as diabetes.
Switching to a standing desk offers many benefits you won’t get sitting down. Making this change now is a great way to get 2020 off to a healthy start.
If for some reason you don’t like the adjustable workstation, you can always steer clear of the standing setting — but that probably won’t happen. You’ll feel so great, you’ll only wonder why you didn’t try this out earlier.
Ready to take the next step in your career? HTSS, Inc. wants to help you find the perfect fit right here in the Lehigh Valley. Get in touch today to find out what we can do for you!