Is it time to reevaluate and revamp your human resources department this year? A new year can shed new light on ideas and concepts to try out in your business. How can you make it more effective and efficient? The marketplace is changing so quickly that companies need to keep up or they might find themselves left behind. What are some things you can do to improve your HR this year and stay competitive? Here are a few ideas.
- Social media. Many people believe that social media is a passing trend or they may not understand all of the protocols and best practices. However, social media is here to stay and it is quickly becoming one of the top communications tools across the world. Companies should embrace it and find their place on it now. It is a great platform to establish your company brand and start conversations with potential customers and employees.
- Blogging. One of the best ways to stay up to date on industry trends is to follow blogs as well as write your own. A blog keeps content fresh and consistent on your website which also helps build up your search engine optimization so people can find your company on the web.
- Networking. It is very common for human resources to become an insular profession. Many of the local networking events geared toward HR is among other members of the HR community. Get outside of that box and begin making connections with other thought and industry leaders in your area.
- Collaboration. One of the biggest changes to hit the workplace since Millennials started accepting professional jobs is the expectation of a collaborative environment. It is great for HR to get out of their own department and work with other teams on their projects to get a full sense of the company and what collaboration can bring to the table.
- Podcasts, webinars, and live chats. One of the best and most underused tools of the current internet age is multi-media presentations. These can be a great, and free, source of new industry information that can improve your HR department and company over all.
Are you looking for ways to improve your human resources department in 2014? HTSS, a leading staffing service in Emmaus PA, can help you today!